We want to develop strategic foresight and long term vision.
Does this sound like your board? If any of these apply to you, material in this section may be relevant for you
- We have Ends policies in place, but we’re not sure they’re really Ends. Some of them are more about activities than results.
- We developed Ends a year or more ago, but we haven’t reviewed them since then.
- We have done some linkage with owners, and are not sure what to do next.
- We regularly connect with our owners and gather information from them, but we’re not sure what to do with it.
- We spend much more board meeting time assessing monitoring reports, or listening to reports from the CEO or staff, than talking about the future.
- We want to talk about the future, but we’re not sure how to go about it.
- We aren’t sure what future risks might be facing our organization.
- We never seem to have time to talk about the future.
- Our board is engaged in the development of the strategic plan, so we think we are doing a good job of evaluating and deciding upon future desired outcomes. Is there a better way?
- We want to continually improve our governance.
- We want to be sure there is continuity when board members change.
- We want to create good governance habits and be sure the board maintains them.
- We want to be prepared in case of a change of CEO.
- We want to ensure that strong board leadership is maintained.
- We want to leave a legacy that lasts beyond our personal tenure on the board.